Continuing from my last post on MSD :MSBI # 31 – MDS #1 – Lets have an introduction to Master Data Services(MDS) « (B)usiness (I)ntelligence Mentalist
Now in this post we are going to cover which are various environmental option provided by MDS
We following Five main functional areas of MDS management
- Version Management
- Integration Management
- System Administration
- User and Permission Group
Where Master data hub that provides central management of master data entities and hierarchies
- Version control to help manage master data changes
- An open subscription interface to provide access to all subscribing systems in the format most appropriate for each system
- Flexible web deployment for easy access by data stewards and administrators
- Role-based, model and member security, in conjunction with workflow, to provide controlled and collaborative master data maintenance.
- Now ,
- Lets have an look one by one what they are exactly means for
Its explored world of MDS as we can manage various entities with this
Explorer is where all data stored inside Master Data Services can be managed. Models, entities, hierarchies and collections can be navigated and their data can be validated with the help of defined business rules.
Its used for Managing and reviewing transaction
Once the process of validating Master Data is finished, external applications can start to use the verified data stored in Master Data Services.
Lets use this in another system i.e use MDS for another system
As the name implies, Integration Management allows managing the integration of the Master
Data with the already existing data ecosystem.
Main admin model to manage
System Administration is the central place where the work of defining a Master Data Model takes place. With System Administration it is possible to create models, entities, attributes, hierarchies, business rules and everything offered by Master Data Services in terms of data modeling.
user and Group permission – Securities measure for MDS
With User and Groups Permissions, all topics regarding security can be administered and managed, configuring all the security clearances needs to access and modify Master Data.
Master Data Services Terminology Overview
Each of the terms below are components of a Master Data Services model.
- Model – the highest-level container. All other components are defined within the context
of a model.
- Entity – a container for a set of members.
- Member – a data element; classified as a leaf, consolidated, or collection member type.
- Attribute – a property of entity members. Attribute types include free-form, file, or
- Hierarchy – organization of members into various consolidated groups and levels to
support analytic requirements.
- Collection – user-defined subset of leaf and consolidated members.
- Business Rule – business logic that is intended to invoke a certain Master Data Services
- Subscription View – allows for integration with downstream systems dependent on
master data, hierarchies, and collections.
Explorer: Model View
Clicking on the Explorer button from the home page directs users to the Model View screen, similar to the example below (depending on the selected model). This screen shows the structure of the primary (or "base") entity within the model along with the related attributes and hierarchies. From here, users may click to navigate to related entities or browse the entity and hierarchies to make data changes.
- How we are going to perform version Control management
It provides the ability to maintain multiple versions for each model.
Its have following states
The combination of controlling functional and granular access provides a secure, collaborative environment in which organizations can confidently manage, maintain and store all their master data.
The notification-based workflow feature of Master Data Services integrates your web browser, email and data validation rules into a single business process that ensures efficiency and minimal last-minute conflicts, all within a secure, controlled environment.
Hope this helps !!
Thanks for visiting my blog !!
Hope you will like this post on Master Data Services and ready to use
If you really like reading my blog and understood at lest few thing then please don’t forget to subscribe my blog .
If you wan daily link and analysis or interesting link go to following website which will give @ your inbox please subscribe our following link resource blog
Where todays links are