Continuing from my last post on SSIS Control flow task in which we talk lot about For Each Loop Container:
Now lets learn each and every aspects of sequence container task
We are covering following points in this article
- Why Sequence Container Task is Use ?
- How Sequence Container Task is look like ?
- Features of Sequence Container Task
- How to use Sequence Container Task ?
- What is alternative For Each Sequence Container Task ?
- Demonstration of using Sequence Container Task ?
- Various Properties For each Sequence Container Task ?
- Reference link For Sequence Container Task
Why Sequence Container Task is Use
- When we want perform some task sequentially or parallel we are going to make use of most of sequence container
- which means though the name of the task is sequence container make point it can perform following two task:(A) Sequential execution of task (B)Parallel execution of task
- The Sequence container groups together several tasks.
- Use it to define a transaction boundary around a set of tasks so they all fail or succeed together. Or, use it simply to reduce the clutter on the design surface by hiding the detailed steps within the sequence.
- We can also group control flow objects, and collapse or expand those groups. There’s no task for grouping.
Benefits of using a Sequence container:
- Disabling groups of tasks to focus package debugging on one subset of the package control flow.
- Managing properties on multiple tasks in one location by setting properties on a Sequence container instead of on the individual tasks.
- Providing scope for variables that a group of related tasks and containers use.
How Sequence Container Task is look like ?
Its third in toolbox as shown :
Drag that out into your development plane
Features of Sequence Container Task
- If a package has many tasks then it is easier to group the tasks in Sequence Containers and you can collapse and expand Sequence Containers
- Sequence Container provides the facility of disabling groups of tasks to focus debugging on one subset of the package control flow
- It have ability of managing multiple tasks in one location by setting properties on a Sequence Container instead of setting properties on the individual tasks
- Provides scope for variables that a group of related tasks and containers use.
How to use Sequence Container Task ? and
Demonstration of using Sequence Container Task ?
1. To begin, right click on SSIS Packages folder in Solution Explorer and click New SSIS Package. Rename it with MyFirstSequenceContainer.dtsx as Following :
2.Drag that out into your development plane
3.Drag Execute SQL Task inside sequence Container
Here we may have two way configuration of task as show in respective diagram
(A)Parallel Execution of Task in Sequence Container : In this container all will execute parallel
(B)Sequential Execution of task in Sequence Container : In this container all will execute Sequence in 1>>2>>3 way
Now lets combine in single solution to have same solution for analysis
4.Set the Connection string and SQL command in each Execute SQL Task in following manner
5.Lets run and see the real magic in fraction but still I have tried to explained bit diagrammatically
What is alternative For Each Sequence Container Task ?
Frankly there is two option as have explained in previous two post
1.For Loop Container Task : MSBI # 22 – SSIS # 9 – Control Flow Tasks # 4 – For Loop Container Task « (B)usiness (I)ntelligence Mentalist
2.For Each Loop Container Task : MSBI # 23 – SSIS # 10 – Control Flow Tasks # 5 – For Each Loop Container Task « (B)usiness (I)ntelligence Mentalist
But make sure I will suggest you to go with sequential container always if you multithreading i.e parallel execution of various task :
Various Properties For each Sequence Container Task ?
Its has following properties as shown :
In this also if we wan special feature for execution in parallel please go through following link
Reference link For Sequence Container Task
- Sequence Class (Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime)
- SSIS Junkie : SSIS: Affect control-flow with a sequence container
- Ram’s Blog: SSIS – Sequence Container
IMP Thread to look
Thanks for visiting my blog !!
Hope you have understood various aspect of For Each Loop Container Task and ready to use every aspects for same
If you really like reading my blog and understood at lest few thing then please don’t forget to subscribe my blog
If you wan daily link and analysis or interesting link go to following website which will give @ your inbox please subscribe our following link resource blog
Where todays links are