SSRS Stands for SQL Server Reporting Services
Future of SSRS
- SSRS is Reporting Tool From MS for really ease of Developing any type of report
- It provides a unified, server-based, extensible, and scalable platform from which to deliver and present information.
- Its scope extends from traditional paper reports to web-based delivery and interactive content.
- SSRS can also be configured to deliver reports to peoples’ inboxes, file shares, and so on. SSRS is capable of generating reports in various formats, such as the web-oriented Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and desktop application (Microsoft Excel and CSV) formats, thus allowing users to manipulate their data in whatever format is required.
- SharePoint can be used as a front end for SSRS, allowing reports to be presented directly in corporate portals.
History of SSRS
- Originally Released in 2004 as a web release for SQL Server
• Included as part of the product in SQL Server 2005 with
– Report Models and Report Builder
– Multi-Valued Parameters
– Printing Support
• Enhanced again for inclusion in the SQL Server 2008 release
– New “Tablix” implementation of report elements
– Inclusion of Dundas charting and gauge compon
- SSRS Databases
– Stores all the reporting services assets
– Snapshots & Histories
– Schedules & Subscriptions
– Stores temporary “Intermediate Reports”
• Sizes of the DBs depends on
– Number of Reports
– Execution Properties
What we are going to Cover
In upcoming all SSRS related tutorial we will have all the aspect of SSRS
Todays Link Resource Link for all my readers:
Hope this helps !!!!
Please provide the necessary feed back if you wish !!