Great News ,Todays most existing news : SQL Server 2014 available for download
Click on image to redirect to download page .
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 brings to market new in-memory capabilities built into the core database, including in-memory OLTP, which complements our existing in-memory data warehousing and BI capabilities for the most comprehensive in-memory database solution in the market. SQL Server 2014 also provides new cloud capabilities to simplify cloud adoption for your SQL databases and help you unlock new hybrid scenarios.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Community Technology Preview 1 (CTP1) installation limitations:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 is pre-release software and should be installed only on a clean machine. It does not support upgrade from or side-by-side installations with any previous version of SQL Server, including SQL Server 2012. In addition it does not work with or support side by side installations with any client redistributables of SQL Server such as feature pack components, Visual Studio 2012 or earlier versions, SQL Server Data Tools, Data Tier Application Framework, etc.
- To administer Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 use only SQL Server Management Studio that ships as a part of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release is NOT supported by Microsoft Customer Services and Support (CSS).
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release is only available in the X64 architecture.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release is a NON-PRODUCTION release and should not be installed and used in production environments.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release does NOT have an associated Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 Feature Pack.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release on Windows Azure VM is only intended for functional development and testing, and not for performance testing.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release contains branding and versioning from older Microsoft SQL Server releases. Download options
Project code-named “Hekaton”: “Hekaton” provides in-memory OLTP capabilities built into core SQL Server database to significantly improve the performance of your database application. “Hekaton” is installed with the SQL Server 2014 Engine without requiring any additional actions and allows in-memory performance benefits without rewriting your database application. You can also increase performance of existing SQL Server applications without having to refresh your hardware. “Hekaton” is easy to deploy and allows you to access the other rich features in SQL Server, while taking advantage of in-memory performance.
xVelocity ColumnStore: xVelocity ColumnStore provides in-memory capabilities for data warehousing workloads that result in dramatic improvement for query performance, load speed, and scan rate, while significantly reducing resource utilization (i.e., I/O, disk and memory footprint). The new ColumnStore complements the existing xVelocity ColumnStore Index, providing higher compression, richer query support and updateability of the ColumnStore giving you the even faster load speed, query performance, concurrency, and even lower price per terabyte.
Extending Memory to SSDs: Seamlessly and transparently integrates solid-state storage into SQL Server by using SSDs as an extension to the database buffer pool, allowing more in-memory processing and reducing disk IO.
Enhanced High Availability
- New AlwaysOn features: availability Groups now support up to 8 secondary replicas that remain available for reads at all times, even in the presence of network failures. Failover Cluster Instances now support Windows Cluster Shared Volumes, improving the utilization of shared storage and increasing failover resiliency. Finally, various supportability enhancements make AlwaysOn easier to use.
- Improved Online Database Operations: includes single partition online index rebuild and managing lock priority for table partition switch, greatly increasing enterprise application availability by reducing maintenance downtime impact.
More technical information available on SQL Server Blog
I was blogging since I have hear of it on early June 2013 !
Here are more helpful link from my previous blog
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 CTP1 Product Guide Available to Download !
SQL Server 2014 : Expert Views, Comments : Mr Farlee, Redmond, Eron Kelly, Quentin Clark & Cherry message
Introducing SQL Server 2014 – Unlocking Real, Time Insights !!
SQL Server 2014 Mission Critical Performance–Overview, Slide Deck & Features
Hope you will Download SQL Server 2014 ! , Happy reading !
For More information related to BI World visit my Mentalist Blog
Connect With me on
| FaceBook |Twitter | linkedIn| Google+ | WordPress | RSS | About Me |