We have started discussion on SQL Server 2012 last month
Following are link if we have missed any click on any link for info on my blog !
On my Developer Experience is series in which are going to stay focus on overview of SQL server 2012 and we have following topics/post in series – Developer Experience
- Developer Experience #1 – What’s new in SSIS
- Developer Experience #1.5 –Design Flexibility in Development SSIS (This post)
- Developer Experience #2 – look & Feel and Visual Improvements
- Developer Experience #3 – Accessibility Changes Custom SSIS Toolbox
- Developer Experience #4 – Connection Manager , Variables and Parameter
- Developer Experience #5 – Scripting and Expression Improvements
- Developer Experience #6 – Data Flow Designer Improvements
I just surprised and thought of posting it sooner about this lots of but not listed and observed and very highly useful features in SSIS 2012 in SSDT.
In this article we are going to cover following exciting and so developer friendly parameter of SQL Server 2012
- Easy Grouping of task Quickly
- Connection of Task not required hold of pointer
- Very fast User Interface operation Open and Close with fade effect
- Fast Auto size option on just Right Click
- More clear view with package explore
- Two Parameter option i.e. Package and Project
- Distinct separation of Parameter and Variable
Easy Grouping of task Quickly
Just select and by using pointer task where you have to apply group.
As shown in following print screens we can select several task
Once selected task are Highlighted we can group it easily .
But one more character we can Undo and Redo at any time if we select wrong task
Connection of Task not required hold of pointer
Wav !! This is amazing so from now there is no headache for pointer very long and selecting task .
Just select once and go to desired task where we have to apply connection, remember your connection will follow you .
Very fast User Interface operation Open and Close with fade effect
In Connection task , I mistakenly click on precedence constrain editor , And when i cancelled same i saw fade and fast effect of that prompt screen .
Fast Auto size option on just Right Click
We don’t have click Tools and then Diagram just select Task and Click on Auto size it will make every alignment for you in proper manner.
More clear view with package explore
We can see package explore as separate TAB and moreover more informative
Two Parameter option i.e. Package and Project
In SSDT we can have two type of variable declaration
- Package - For particular package
- Project – For entire project
Distinct Separation of Parameter and Variable
We can see separate existence of both type of variable .
Hope you will like this post for New Features on SSDT and ready to use.
If you really like reading my blog and understood at least few thing then please don’t forget to subscribe my blog.
If you want daily link and analysis or interesting link go to following website which will give @ your inbox please subscribe our following link resource blog :
Link Resource Website
For More information related to BI World visit my Mentalist Blog
Link Resource Blog >> Daily Interesting links
SQL Server Mentalist >> SQL Learning Blog
Business Intelligence Mentalist >> BI World
Connect With me on
| FaceBook |Twitter | linkedIn| Google+ | WordPress | RSS |